It was originally owned by the fraternal organization Independent Order of Odd Fellows (IOOF), and listed on the National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) as the Chemeketa Lodge No. 1, Odd Fellows Buildings. The theater building is also known as the IOOF Temple.
The Grand Theater was built as an opera house by the Odd Fellows in 1900. John Philip Sousa performed at the grand opening on November 29, 1900. The two former IOOF buildings were added to the NRHP in 1988.
After various owners continued to help reshape and revitalize the Historic Grand building, in January of 2015, the Meduri Family purchased the Grand with the goal of providing a Performing Arts Center for the community of Salem.